Now I should stress, that these are the Top 5 Movies of 2013 that I’ve seen. There are still about 50 movies I haven’t seen but I’ve heard were fantastic, and the years not over yet, so we could have some rippers in the next 3 weeks for example Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues.
Nevertheless, I was asked to submit my Top 5 to DB Magazine for their last issue of 2013, with a short sentence as to why the film was in my Top 5. So, as per Rob Gordon (John Cusack) in High Fidelity here are my Top 5 Movies of 2013.
1. The Way Way Back – A slow burner, but emotional and clever, with a stellar cast, including Steve Carell like you’ve never seen him before.
2. Gravity – The performances are mesmerising and the film itself is visually stunning, I have a new respect for Sandra Bullock.
3. The Great Gatsby – Was a great homage to the book, with Baz Luhrmann capturing all the decadence and delight of the era and Leo DiCaprio doing what he does best, F. Scott Fitzgerald would be proud.
4. This is The End – It’s stupid, over the top and utterly ridiculous, but it’s absolute fun! “Hermoine, just stole all of our shit”…enough said!
5. Star Trek into Darkness – A fitting sequel that was equally as funny, action packed and lived up to its legacy.
A special bonus for you The Worst Movie of 2013 goes to Movie 43, if you haven’t seen it don’t bother and don’t let the star studded cast fool you either. How they got people like Hugh Jackman, Kate Winslett, Uma Thurman, Emma Stone, Richard Gere and so many more great actors, to be in quite possibly the worst movie of all time, is beyond me and totally incomprehensible.
Feel free to comment below and tell me your best/worst movie of 2013.